If you need to Factory Reset or Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S4, depending on the situation at hand; here is how to Hard Reset or Factory Reset your Galaxy S4.
Hard Reset is the process of reverting your phone's settings to its factory defaults using some key combinations without going through the phone settings before doing so. While Factory Reset is the process of resetting your phone to its factory default settings while the phone is on Android Mode.
The end result of both method is to clear or wipe off your phone, in this case, your Samsung Galaxy S4.
|Helpful Links||Related Links|
Here is how to Hard Reset or Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S4. For whatever reason, you will find either of the methods discussed here useful in factory resetting your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Before YOU Proceed!
Either of these processes will cost you all the contents on your phone including your installed apps, SMS, MMS, Pictures, Videos and Movies (stored on phone's memory).
Therefore; endeavor to backup the necessary files before you proceed.
How to Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S4
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4 or remove the battery from it.
2. Now, press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home keys until Samsung logo appears on your phone's screen then, release the Power button.
3. When android logo appears on the screen, release the rest of the keys.
4. Now, you should be in the android recovery screen. Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select it using the Power button.
4. The next screen shows you several NOs with a YES....
Navigate to "Yes" from the options, and select it using the Power button.
5. Wait while the phone resets.
Now select the option "reboot system now" using Power button.
You have now successfully reset your Samsung Galaxy S4 to its factory default settings.
How to Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S4
1. If the display is off, using the power button, turn the phone on.
2. Navigate to Menu and then, Settings.
3. From there, locate Factory Data Reset and tap it.
4. From the screen, choose Reset Phone.
Confirm the action by tapping Erase everything.
Wait while the phone is reset and by that, you have successfully factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S4.
If this piece of info was useful to you, please share to help others.