Hard Reset is the process of reverting your phone's settings to its factory defaults using some key combinations having no need to go through the phone settings before doing so. While Factory Reset is the process of resetting your phone to its factory default settings by going through the phone settings.
The end result of both method is to clear or wipe off your phone, in this case, your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
|Helpful Links||Similar Tutorial|
Here is how to Hard Reset or Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
Before YOU Proceed!
Either of these processes will cost you all the contents on your phone including your installed apps, SMS, MMS, Pictures, Videos and Movies (stored on the phone's memory).
Therefore; endeavor to backup the necessary files before you proceed.
How to Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
2. Now, press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home keys until Samsung logo appears on your phone's screen then, release the Power button.
3. For few seconds, android logo should appear on the screen and immediately boot to android recovery. You can now release the other keys.
4. Now that you're in the android recovery screen. Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select it using the Power button.
5. The next screen should show you several NOs with a YES.... Navigate to "Yes" from the options, and select it using the Power button.
5. Wait while the phone resets.
Now select the option "reboot system now" using Power button.
You have now successfully reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to its factory default settings from the recovery.
How to Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
1. If the display is off, using the power button, turn the phone on.
2. Navigate to Menu and then, Settings.
3. From there, locate Backup & Reset and then; select Factory Data Reset.
4. From the screen, choose Reset Phone.
Confirm the action by tapping Erase everything.
Wait while the phone is reset and by that, you have successfully factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge..
If this piece of info was useful to you, please share to help others.