This tutorial gives detail insights on how to root Tecno W4. To root Tecno W4, you need to use a slightly different approach since it is shipped with android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Here, you have all the tools and files needed to root your Tecno W4, meanwhile, you should make a complete backup of your ROM and other important files before you proceed.
This update is provided As Is.
ArykTECH, TeamWIN Recovery or any other parties relating to the development of the Recovery.img and other files that are used in this tutorial are not responsible for your actions, thus; if your device is damaged, got bricked or any other loss you may suffer as a result of this upgrade. Upgrade at your own discretion and endeavor to follow the instructions for rooting your Tecno W4 carefully.
Since the method discussed here is a little lengthy, you might want to try the latest Kingroot version which can be download from here: All Kingroot Versions Download Link
Kingroot is a one-click root application for most android devices. Its procedures are simple. You only have to install the app and then, lunch it on the phone. Follow the on-screen commands from Kingroot until your phone is rooted.
In case Kingeoot fails to root your Tecno W4, you may follow the guides given below;
How to Root Tecno W4
If Kingroot could not root your Tecno W4 because of the firmware, your next available option is to flash SU Script via the recovery. I mean custom recovery.
Below here is the step by step guide on how to do that.
1. Download and Install VCOM drivers on your PC. See here: How to Install VCOM Drivers
2. Download flashable SuperSU script zip from here.
3. Copy SuperSU.zip you have downloaded to the phone’s SD card or internal storage. Better yet, you may copy it on both storage.
4. Download and flash TWRP for Tecno W4 on your phone. See here: TWRP for Tecno W4.
5. Boot the phone into recovery mode by presaing Volume up + Power buttons.From TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow TWRP modify the system partition then go ahead and swipe.
6. From TWRP recovery, tap Install then, Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip you downloaded and select it.
Swipe to confirm flashing of the SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete.
7. Reboot your Tecno W4. Wait few seconds for the phone to initialize.
By now, SuperSU should be visible on your App Drawer and you can also confirm that your Tecno W4 is rooted using Root checker from the Play Store.
If this piece of info was useful to you, please share to help others.