Hard Reset Method for Sony Xperia Z2a : How to
1. Switch off your Sony Xperia Z2a either by holding the Power key for a short while, or by removing the battery; whichever is possible.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together for some seconds.
3. When the Android Robot or Sony Xperia logo is displayed on your Sony Xperia Z2a screen, press the Camera key to enter Sony Recovery menu.
4. Now, you should see the Wipe Data or Factory Reset option on your Sony Xperia Z2a recovery screen.
Confirm the whole process by choosing appropriate options.Use Volume rockers to scroll and Power button to confirm.
5. Now Select " Yes ----- Delete All User Data " And Confirm with the Power key.
6. Wait few minutes until your Sony Xperia Z2a completes the wiping operation!
And by that, you have just hard reset your Sony Xperia Z2a.
Factory Reset Guide for Sony Xperia Z2a : method two
You can use this method to factory reset your Sony Xperia Z2a provided that the phone still comes on normally and that it is not Password Locked.
1. If your Sony Xperia Z2a is turned off, turn on the device by Pressing the Power Key until it comes on.
2. From the phone's Screen go to Dialer, and enter this string: *#*#7378423#*#* on the dialer.
3. From the screen, tap Customization Settings and then, Reset Customization and confirm it.
Wait few minutes until your Sony Xperia Z2a reboots. By the time it boots on, all the data on the phone would have gone and the phone now back to its factory default settings.
Good. You have just performed a Factory Reset on your Sony Xperia Z2a.
Hard Reset is the process of reverting your phone's settings to its factory defaults using some key combinations without going through the phone settings before doing so. While Factory Reset is the process of resetting your phone to its factory default settings while the phone is on Android Mode.
The end result of both method is to clear or wipe off your phone contents, in this case, your Sony Xperia Z2a.
Factory Reset Method for Sony Xperia Z2a: method 3, Menu Option
1. Turn on Sony Xperia Z2a if it's on
2. Make sure you have enough battery to complete this operation on the phone.
3. Go to menu: Setting > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device
4. Choose Erase Everything
Now, wait patiently until your Sony Xperia Z2a reboots and reset to its factory default settings.
If this piece of info was useful to you, please share to help others.